On August 13th the VID Membership Meeting Covered a Broad List of Topics…
All the other scheduled events mentioned on August 13th – election of Judicial Delegates on the Sept. 10th Primary; the next VID General Meeting, Sept 17th; Congressman Nadler’s Soiree, Sept. 21st; the Judicial Convention, Sept 24th; the Candles for Clemency Vigil, Sept 26th and the County Committee Meeting, Sept 29th are all detailed in the AUGUST CALENDAR to the right.
Other items discussed and voted at the VID Membership Meeting in August included;
- A resolution calling on Senators Schumer and Gillibrand to oppose any bill that prohibits the labeling of GMO foods.
- A unanimous vote to send letters to Corey Johnson and Rosie Mendez thanking them for signing on to Res. 353. (non-therapeutic antibiotics bills)
- Letters of support for City Council Res. No. 694, calling on the Nuclear Regulatory Commission not to re-license Indian Point 2 and 3 with thank you’s to Councilmembers Johnson and Mendez for their support.
- Resolution in Support of the International Agreement to Prevent Iran from Obtaining a Nuclear Weapon
- Letters to Gillebrand and Schumer re Agreement to Prevent Iran from Obtaining a Nuclear Weapon
- Stonewall National Park site of Christopher Park. A the resolution in favor was passed unanimously.
All of the above letters and resolutions will be posted and linked in the copy above as soon as they are made available.
And here are the full Minutes-2015-8-12