VID has formed the Campaign and Voter Outreach Committees to engage effectively in all upcoming elections.
The Campaign and Voter Outreach Committees meet regularly and are actively involved in hosting forums, phone banks, petitioning, as well as collaborations with other groups throughout the City and Democratic campaigns in New State and throught the US.
The Voter Outreach Committee Chair is Laurie Hardjowirogo.
The Campaign Committee Chair is Tony Hoffmann.
Are you interested in joining either Committee? Have a question? Send your message HERE.
March 22, 2017 Announcement
CITY COUNCIL & DISTRICT LEADER CANDIDATES NIGHT, Wednesday, April 5th, 6pm – 10pm, Judson Memorial Church . See full announcement and roster here.
March 12, 2017 Campaign Committee Report
First campaign committee meeting will be Monday, March 13th at 6:30 PM at VID (26 Perry St.). At the meeting we will be discussing all of the upcoming campaigns as well as planning our two candidates nights, endorsements meetings, County Committee selections and petitioning. All are welcome to join and participate. Below you will find the agenda. Please RSVP if you intend to attend.
- Overview of upcoming elections
- Candidates Night- April 5: Set Rules for speakers and question
- Candidates Night- May TBD: Set rules for speakers and questions
- Endorsement Night-April- 13: Set rules
- Endorsement Night- May 11: Set rules
- County Committee: Overview and planning
- Petitioning: Overview and Planning
- New Business
March 11, 2017 Voter Outreach Report
The Voter Outreach Committee is targeting New York State Congressional Districts that could be turned from red to blue. There are several opportunities to work with them in the 19th Congressional District (Dutchess County) where Republican, John Faso will be running for re-election.
Some bullet points as to why we are pursuing the campaign against John Faso, 19th Congressional District
- Voted four times against Equal Pay
- Lone vote against requiring “equal pay for equal work” to be included in the state constitution
- Refused to support a bipartisan effort to keep guns out of the hands of suspected terrorists
- 89.5% votes in line with Trump
Although Faso defines himself as pro-life, he has stated that he does not want to defund Planned Parenthood.
New York’s 19th Congressional District is comprised of moderates, women, young people, and seniors who voted for President Obama twice (53%).
1. March 12 Dutchess County voter registration: Link to rsvp.
2. March 13 @ 6:30 is the next phone bank by Three Parks Democratic Club into Dutchess County on West 110th Street.
RSVP and find exact location at
3. April 30 Dutchess County Democratic Committee brunch and silent auction in Poughkeepsie. Tickets are available at http://www.dutchessdems.com/ Donations to support their efforts to flip congressional district 19 can be made on the site also.